Happy Australia Day!
Today is Australia Day. It's a national holiday (unless it falls on a weekend like today, then we get the Monday off).
Everyone dons their thongs, swimmers, hats and zinc, and heads to the beach.
Or we fill the Eskys with ice, grab a cold one, and throw some snags on the BBQ for lunch while lazing by the pool.
It's a great day.
But ... my favourite thing about Australia day ...
My mum always makes the pav with one of these:
And it's the best pav ever!
Things I love about being an Aussie and living in Australia:
- Summer BBQs
- The fact that the only pair of shoes you need all summer is a pair of Havaianas
- Wearing singlet tops and short skirts
- The smell of sunscreen
- Running around under the sprinkler
- Friendship and how nice Aussies are in general (we're pretty awesome!)
- Our Beaches
- Dancing in a sunshower
- Camping in the Aussie bush, or by the beach
a Rafflecopter giveaway